Position: Mid Level Archeologist
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc., a multi-discipline environmental consulting firm headquartered in Richland, Washington, is seeking a Mid Level Archeologist/Cultural Resources Specialist for Cultural Resources Program Support, to be performed in Richland.
The Archeologist position will provide support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Richland Operations Office (RL), Office of Communications and External Affairs (OCE) in cultural resources operational and administrative business support services. Specific support to OCE will be provided in the following areas:
- Assist in the implementation of a cultural resources program that complies with all existing cultural resource laws, rules and regulations, ensuring the preservation, protection and perpetuation of cultural resources for future generations, requiring professional competence in archeology with a mastery of the concepts, methods and practices associated with cultural and historic resource protection as related to environment resource management.
- Assist project teams in meeting the requirements of the National Historic Preservation Act in consideration of Native American, Pre-1943 Historic Settlement, Manhattan Project/Cold War archaeological sites, traditional cultural properties, and buildings.
- Provide strategic support and be a subject matter expert advisor to DOE Project Managers in support of efficient Section 106 processes, and Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Acts matters and notifications of non-routine events.
- Function as an Integrated Product Team Subject Matter Expert providing guidance on cultural resource matters.
- Support cultural resource monthly meetings.
- Demonstrated professional competence in archeology with a mastery of the concepts, methods and practices associated with cultural and historic resource protection as related to environmental resource management.
- Qualified in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualification Standards for professional archaeologists, preferred.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with problem-solving NHPA Sections 106 and 110 and shall be thoroughly knowledgeable of the Hanford Site and the Pre-Contact period, Pre-1943 historic period and Manhattan Project/Cold War landscapes, archaeological sites and associated built environment, preferred.
- Knowledge of DOE’s Native American policy, the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) and the Archaeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA), preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in archeology, anthropology, or closely related field
- 8 years of relevant cultural resources or archaeological experience
- 3-5 years of experience working with cultural resource consulting parties desired
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Possess a strong customer service attitude and approach
- U.S. Citizen
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, a cover letter, and completed application (downloadable from our website www.gofreestone.com) to email@example.com, with the following subject heading: Mid-Level Archeologist Position.
Freestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.