Position: Agreements and Human Resources Specialist - Silver Spring, MD
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc. a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, is currently seeking to hire a talented individual to serve as an Agreements and Human Resources Coordinator supporting the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R – www.response.restoration.noaa.gov). OR&R is a program office in the National Ocean Service that responds to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this OR&R provides interdisciplinary scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, and contaminants, protects and restores NOAA trust resources, and promotes the protection and restoration of coral ecosystems. The Agreements and Human Resources Specialist will be a team member of the Business Services Group division within OR&R. The Business Services Group provides OR&R with budget and administrative support. It is a team-oriented and collaborative work environment.
- Work with Project Managers, Budget/Financial Analysts, General Counsel, and various stakeholders in the planning, execution, negotiations, and administration of interagency agreements.
- Write or assist project managers with drafting the terms and conditions for Interagency Agreements.
- Respond to requests for information and communicate regularly with parties involved in the process by providing updates.
- Utilizes independent judgement and problem solving skills to help resolve conflicts that may arise.
- Manage and track deadlines and the review process for multiple agreements.
- Facilitate and track activities for OR&R compliance with Information Quality Act (IQA) guidelines as it applies to various information products and publications.
- Act as liaison with NOAA’s Workforce Management Office (WFMO)/National Ocean Service (NOS)and communicate regularly with managers and staff
- Assist and research personnel questions and concerns.
- Administer new hire orientation and background/security information.
- College degree and/or extensive work experience in agreements and human resources management.
- Prior work experience with agreements or contracts.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range of individuals.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift priorities as needed.
- Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, Freestone application form (download below), and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org (email link below) with the following subject line: NOAA Agreements/HR.
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.