Freestone staff provides ecological services to government and private sector clients. Most recently, we have provided specialized support to the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory which is working with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to study the passage of salmon species through hydroelectric dams on the Columbia and Snake Rivers. These projects involve:
- Installation and operation of hyperbaric chambers used for simulated turbine passage
- Performing thousands of necropsies on juvenile salmonids exposed to barotraumas
- Collection of histology samples from fish carrying implanted tags
- Surgical implantation of acoustic telemetry tags in juvenile fish and surgical implantation of radio telemetry tags in juvenile and adult fish
- Identification, capture and collection of juvenile and adult fish using snorkeling, screw traps and electro-fishing techniques.
- Operation and installation of radio and acoustic telemetry detection systems.
For more information about these services, contact us.