Freestone is committed to hiring talented, energetic, and well-qualified staff from a variety of scientific backgrounds. We accept resumes and applications year-round.
A multi-discipline small business consulting firm, Freestone Environmental comprises an academically diverse work force. Our core team of scientists and engineers showcase our capabilities in every project. We foster the professional development of our employees through collaboration in challenging project work, training, and mentorship by senior staff and management.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
Review our active postings below. To apply, please submit your resume, Freestone application form, contact information for three (3) references, and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to: email@example.com with the job posting title in the subject line.
Silver Spring, MD
Freestone Environmental Services, Inc. a multi-disciplinary consulting firm, seeks a talented individual to serve as a Budget Analyst to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R - www.response.restoration.noaa.gov).
OR&R is a program office that responds to threats in order to protect and restore coastal resources. To do this OR&R provides interdisciplinary scientific response to releases of oil, chemicals, and contaminants, protects and restores NOAA trust resources, and promotes the protection and restoration of coral ecosystems. The Budget Analyst will be a team member of the Business Services Group division within OR&R. The Business Services Group provides OR&R with budget and administrative support. It is a team-oriented and collaborative work environment.
- Provide budget tracking and analysis. This will require the individual to use and enter data into office-specific information systems.
- Research and query budget data and expense information.
- Prepare materials for responses to various budgetary questions.
- Play an integral role in the budget planning process.
- Provide analysis on pending obligation commitments for grants and contracts and accurately report the information to key personnel.
- Maintain and coordinate project code information.
- Help create and maintain an office policy and procedures manual.
- Bachelor’s in business administration or related field.
- Strong knowledge of the budgetary process and analytical skills.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated energetic strategic thinker.
- Ability to work well individually and cooperatively with a range of individuals.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to shift priorities as needed.
- Knowledge of Federal Budget Execution and Commerce Business System (CBS) is a plus.
- Familiarity with NOAA policies, procedures for budget and finance is highly desirable.